Sunday, February 12, 2006

Can you see him?

Can you see him?
Can you see him?,
originally uploaded by sweetCheryl.
The pics were taken at the Juanes concert this past Friday. It was a lot of fun. Great music, company and Tecate beer (beer that I haven't had since October). Give me a choice between Tecate & Corona, I'll take the Tecate por favor. After the concert, I was ready to go home and hop on the Net. Everyone else wanted to go downtown. I thought, "Dang it! But I haven't hung out with these guys in months and Ed will be going to Iraq in 2 weeks, what the heck!"

We get into a bar (of course with a dance floor) and no one is dancing. My girl and I pretty much own the dance floor as the guys spit their game. Midnight rolls by and the dancefloor is pretty much packed and I'm tired. I stand back and people watch for a bit and check up on the guys. The guys are just tossed after the bottle of Patron, 3 beers and 3 mixed drinks from the bar. I see my girl dancing with this dude who's not bad looking. She sees me and calls me over. Of course, he has friends so then I have to dance a bit too. You know, take one for the team. Yeah. Oh and everyone loves my shirt except the non-latins. ;p

Anyway, I take another sober, people watching break. I end up conversating with the guy next to me who seemed pretty cool. He also happens to be a friend of this guy dancing w/ my friend. I find out he's a painter and plans to go back to school, yada, yada. Um, oh yeah, he's younger than me. Surprise, surprise.

Regardless, we exchange contact info (just as friends). People- it's called networking. I've got high ceilings and my walls are white.

I found out from my girlfriend that he's some sort of rapper. (the guy she was dancing with told her) Hmm.. a rapper? He really didn't seem like a rapper. No. Actually... Ah! I guess that explains why all his front teeth were silver. (I know, I'm stereotyping) Hmm...Yet, he didn't speak any slang to me which was good. I wouldn't be able to understand all the foshizzle stuff.

We've exchanged a few texts. The casual drive safe and what are you doing today type texts. The last text I received from him was pretty shocking. He had texted me earlier that he had a basketball game today. I replied, "how was it?" ..now mind you, I understand short text- where you don't spell everything out and I get abbreviations etc. But this, I dunno. He replied, "vary good." Yeah... My thoughts exactly.

Um...when does Spring quarter start?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

¿Y que estaba escribido sobre su camisa? Porque no lo apreciaron los gavachos?

Sweets said...

Oh! side note. I got a text on Vday from dude. It read: "Happy Valintimes Day." Feel free to read it again. I copied it letter for letter. 'Nuff said.