I just started Tivo-ing Hells Kitchen. If you haven't seen or heard about it, it's about aspiring chefs competing to be the next star. So, I've only watched the first 15 min of this particular episode and it's great! Chef Ramsay is a ruthless. It's shocking and funny at the same time.
I'm compelled to blog about this because in this one scene or elimination round, the male and female chefs have to guess the correct types of food by taste alone. The chefs are blindfolded and have their ears covered. They get random bite sized pieces of food and these chefs (mostly the boys) were guessing them wrong. Seriously, how can you mistake a potato? hard boiled egg yolk? one guy mistook a pear for a mango. Unbelievable. I want to try this exercise. Not to brag, but I think I'd be really, really, really good at it. ;) (Molly Shannon fans?)
The girls won this round. (YES! I knew it) There were able to experience an unusual dining experience of dining in the dark. The guys- well, they had to prepare for 2 kitchens AND practice using their palette and had to eat things like tongue, kidneys and liver for dinner. They were acting like it was fear factor. Well, I guess I would too but other cultures eat this type of food like nothing.
[update- I'm now 30 min into this and the Chef is so ABUSIVE! OMG! I would not be able to handle that. I feel so bad for the chefs.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you need to start hosting some shows for me so that I can watch them here in HK. You can do it...you're google tech support!
the comment system on blogger sucks balls btw. oh, and the password they made me spell out was coigf
Post a Comment